Friday, December 29, 2006

Got myself a heart rate monitor for Christmas! This is the first time of trying one. I was really keen to see how much I pushed myself ( or not!). Was only going to have a walk but couldn't resist the temptation to just see how high it would get at a trot. Got to the top of the only hill around the lake run that I usually do , glanced down at my watch and ..STREWTH!!!... I should have exploded........240!!!, Now even I know that at 220 minus my age ( I know that is only a guesstimate) I def should not have been that high!! I was only mildly puffing so carried on regardless. I was assured by passersby that it couldn't possibly be right ( yes.... I did talk to a fellow runner about it!)
Next day I did the same and thankfully it must have been a malfunction as this time- same hill , same amount of puff- I got a much more sensible reading of 155!.
I'm gonna have fun with this!!

2 comments:

Kek said...

Yay, comments seem to be working for me again!

I just dragged my old HRM out this week, to wear on my bike rides and see just how unfit I really am. :/

They're good tools to keep track of improvements in your fitness, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

Glad you got to write on here again!!