Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
This is 'the dress' after the event when we got back home. I think I was trying a triceppy thing and failing dismally but at least it looks a bit more animated than the other pics! I had some great group shots which I would have loved to have posted on here but I do hesitate when the rest of the group haven't given permission. I would paste this blog with pictures of my kids and grandchildren if I could- but I guess privacy can be an issue
Anyway- a fabulous night. A lovely wedding- very moving, very well planned and an early finish which was good for a Sunday night. I felt good in my dress but I thinkI may have lost it as my daughter was eyeing it off!!! lol
Friday, November 14, 2008
1. not black
2. not flouncy, too gathered or frilly
3. not a tie belt at the back
4. not too tight
5, not too voluminous
6. there's lots of 'nots' aren' t there??
Anyway I found it and when I can I'll post a pic on here. Suffice to say- its a purply blue satiny type of dress, not too 'foofy' and basically fits ( but only if I wear my most padded bra with inserts - which is really sad as the dress is already only a size 8!!) I like it.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
1. I'm exercising more effectively and consistently and burning heaps of calories
2. I'm being extra good about what I eat.
3. I've inadvertently bought pants a size to big
4. They're making all the sizes bigger.
5. I ate so much chocolate before that just cutting that out has reduced my calorie intake ENORMOUSLY!!
Sad to say- I opt for reason number 5!!!
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Fancy shoes that I just couldn't resist! Gotmy nephew's wedding to go to in just two weeks. I've hunted and hunted for a dress but came up with zilch!! I think these babies will brighten up my LBD ( of which I have several that will be eminently suitable)!!
This was a more useful purchase. Very needed and now we have no excuse for poorly vacuumed floors!