Sunday, September 21, 2008

Goals!!

After reading Kek's blog about setting new goals it prompted me into action! I've been fluffing around it seems - doing bits and pieces of fitness stuff but nothing really systematic or working towards anything in particular. I'm really pleased with my running now. Although it doesn't seem much, for me at this stage it's a huge improvement. I can now run 3km without stopping and WITHOUT hurting my foot! YAH. So as far as running goals- I think I should probably just have maintenance for the present time. Swimming is an area where I could definitely improve!! However I'm enjoying now and don't want to end up hating it which would just make me want to give it up completely. Biking is going well and steadily improving- but don't want to go in any events at the moment. So- that leaves me gym/weights as far as I can see or body improvements. So- (again) what I'm going to aim for is to be able to do the assisted pullup on 10kg for at least 2 x 10 reps. This shouldn't be too hard. Then to be able to do unassisted pullups - at least 5 reps. I can do 2 and half so I only need to double my previous best! lol We'll see how I go with that one. In retrospect- I think aiming at running a 10k sounds a lot more fun but I MUSTN'T!!!!!

2 comments:

Kek said...

Pullups are awesome! It impresses the hell out of clients when you demonstrate them and make them look effortless.

:o)

Maintenance is a worthwhile goal too - and you're wise to stick with your current running load while you're rehabbing an injury.

You don't have to enter events to have goals with your cycling. I used to do a 20km circuit from our old house, and I just aimed to gradually reduce the time it took. Also to get up a nasty hill without having to get off and push. LOL.

Unknown said...

lol- don't know about making them look effortless! I do love how they make my abs feel afterwards- OUCH!!
I'm loving my cycling- I have a 'magic' bike that seems to require no effort at all! I guess I could go a bit faster if I took my 'brave pills'! lol