Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009 Review

I've been reading a few blogs where the year has been reviewed. What a great idea- at least it highlights what you have done ( and it always looks a lot more than you think) and would make for interesting reading later on. So- here goes. If it's boring to anyone else then don't keep reading!!

Family
New little granddaughter born in July. Just a lovely addition to the family. Both our children are doing well and I delight in seeing them independent and creating new families for themselves. I miss them both and have real 'pangs' at how they are now adults and their childhoods will never return. However I've had my delightful times with them and that's stored in my memory forever.

Career
Loving my over 50's classes. Took up an added one this year at another gym- a mixed class. It's different but gives real pleasure too. I didn't know work could be so much fun!
Tafe work continued this year and with it new challenges. Teaching a class of ESL students which was new for me. I found it a bit daunting but from the first time I set foot in the class it has been nothing but delightful. So good to get to know a group of people from different cultures and the learning has definitely been two way.
Also completed certificate 4 in Training and Assessment- phew!!!

Fitness
Loving keeping fit. Had some lulls over the year but not too many- managed to keep it going in some form or fashion. Haven't had any major injuries which has been terrrific.
Completed the Run for Kids for the 2nd time. A major major achievement as it has been the first big run after getting plantar faciitis- so a significant measure of it getting better!
I'm stronger, more muscled and weigh less than I ever have. Weight is stable ( unless I go on holiday!!) and I'm in a great routine.
Swimming is a bit hit and miss- but I aim to just enjoy what I can do.

Holidays
Been twice up to Port Douglas and hope for more in 2010

That's enough for the moment- I'm getting bored just writing it!
I'm going to set some goals for 2010 which will keep me keeping on!
It's been a great year

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Linda I was going to say in your last post piccies, you look fantastic. So fit and healthy. I aspire to look fit, healthy and slim like you :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Kristy-thankyou for your very kind words- now I'm hugely smiling!!