Sunday, March 27, 2011

Parties and new frocks!!

Just love this time of year- all those autumnal colours, the smokey woody smells in the hills and the general ambience of 'winding down' after summer. Much as I hate to see summer go- I think autumn is probably the most beautiful of seasons- and yes- this has NOTHING to do with the title of this blog!! Friday night we were invited to a 50th birthday party of a workmate of my husband. All the other girls were wearing dresses but that didn't really bother me- black pants work as well. HOWEVER- Thursday saw me at Chaddy and within 5 mins of being there I found just the little black number and 5 mins later it was a done deal! Phew! Now I own a black ( yes another black one!) frock that I need to be my current weight to wear. Quite fitting but with sort of ruching/ gathering along the seam so it covers the tummy and bum ( very useful when you are about to eat dinner). I really like it and hopefully will be able to wear it again sometime. I'll post a pic of it on here if hubby can be clever enough to download it from his camera to the computer. I don't often find dresses that I like- but I did like this one!!!

No comments: