Monday, May 23, 2011

Confession

When I was about 10 years old I developed a 'horse mania'! Not uncommon in girls that age. This lasted and lasted and has left me with a real interest and love of horses- although not with the 'passion of youth!'.
I had books and books of horses. For some I saved my hard earned pocket money- others were pressies. I still have a fair collection of them sitting in the book case.
My confession?? - well- sometimes I revisit my youth and enjoy the stories I read when I was 12! My most recent one- Show Jumping Secret. I still have all the 'Jill' series and one of the more interesting ones was 'Prince Among Ponies'! I enjoy them for the nostalgia they bring but really..... I truly enjoy the stories!
Anybody else got some 'confessions' from the past???

5 comments:

Debstar said...

I read all the Anne of Green Gables books. Does that count? I didn't keep any of the books because I'm a chucker not a hoarder.

Unknown said...

if you haven't read them in the past year- then no- it doesn't count!
there are some things I won't part with and my horsey books are one of them!

Debstar said...

The only 2 books that I kept from my childhood is an atlas and a bible that I received when I was 10. I used the atlas last year.

Alia said...

Hi!

I really liked your blog! Very well done, I must say!
Keep up the good work!

Do visit mine too at
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Alia

Miss Positive said...

I still have all the "Flowers in the Attic" series by VC/Virginia Andrews - still read them now and then. I've contemplated selling them, but for some reason cant part with them!