Tuesday, July 05, 2011

hopefully a bit more interesting

Kek has been making murmurings about bloggers and fitness and perhaps sharing ideas or at least inspiration- a great idea!
At the moment I'm training for a half marathon in october. I've never run this distance before- the most has been 15k ( run for kids) and a lifetime ago - 18k- but that was when I was young and very foolish!
I'm not sure that going in a half marathon isn't also very foolish but I'm working around past injuries and hopefully not incurring any more.
I hit the gym most days- whether it's to train myself or run classes for the over 50's. I love the weights! Since working in a gym ( 5yrs) I;ve worked out far more consistently and consequently had far less injuries. I push myself but I never go to the limit- yeah- you could call me a 'princess' and you'd prob be right. I have learnt though - that training when you're older- is different . You can still get 'there' but you need to go slower, smaller increments, and don't compete!!!
I'm going to look for some of my favourite exercises and post them on here,

3 comments:

Debstar said...

Is it just me or does it seem to take so much longer to regain your fitness once you get past your 40's. I'm not even going to start on how hard it is to lose a measley kilo.

Anyone who trains on their holidays is an inspiration to me.

Kek said...

Hehe, Linda - I wasn't being critical of the blogs I do read, just looking for some new ones to add to my list.

Half marathon, wow!

Unknown said...

deb- I think everything gets harder as you get older- arteries, toenails etc etc!! I always think of the holidays as a chance to exercise without work or time constraints!!

Kerryn- I know you weren't being critical but I do realise that I don't make much effort with my blog- mostly from fear of making it too boring! and.... half marathon.... bring it on- I feel great!!! lol