Sunday, July 31, 2011

Inner Princess

Oh dear... my inner princess was fairly shouting at me on Saturday morning! First 3 kms- my foot hurts, my calf hurts. Second 3kms- these are my new shoes, perhaps I'd better not overdo it, it's still another 2 and half months til the run...plenty of time. Third 3 kms- maybe walking the next 3 would be a much better idea, no point injuring myself cos I was too stupid not to overdo it. At end of the 9km met up with my 'external princess' (aka hubby) me...whinging a bit- not sure if I should do the last lap.....tired foot etc. 'ET' comes to the rescue........ walk with me- lol how could I refuse!!!
I've just read Kek's latest blog................hmmmmm............... I think I could learn to develop a bit of 'backbone' by taking on board her mindset!!!!
We'll see how next Saturday goes- 12kms - here I come!!!

3 comments:

Debstar said...

I think that after all the problems you've had with your feet, your inner princess might have some common sense.

Unknown said...

hehhehe- that's what she thought too!!!

Kek said...

I agree with Deb. Especially in new shoes. O_O