Tuesday, December 13, 2011

RIP Annie

After 17 years we had to put Annie to sleep. I was given her on our wedding anniversary ( hence the name 'Annie') and now 17 years and one week later she's no longer with us. She's been part of our lives for so long it will be very strange without her. As I type this there is an empty cat bed at my feet where she used to sleep and occasionally rub her head against me. Whenever we watch tv she will be there- def a 'foot' cat.
Now she is buried peacefully in the paddock near the dam. And I feel sad and empty:(

7 comments:

Kek said...

:( I'm so sorry, Linda.

17 is a good age, but it's always too soon, no matter how old they are.

Kristy said...

I'm sorry Linda, that's so hard... everytime I hear of someone losing their pets it makes me appreciate every moment I spend with mine that little bit more

Miss Positive said...

A sorry to hear about your loss Linda. They are such a huge part of our lives that they leave a big hole when they leave us. Thinking of you...

Unknown said...

Thankyou everybody- I do appreciate the comments. I know you are all animal lovers and truly understand what it's like to lose a pet. They wriggle their way into your lives don't they???

Debstar said...

Sad news Linda. After 17 years of being owned by Annie I can only imagine how sad you and your family must be.

Unknown said...

So sorry Linda :o(

Fur babies are such a big part of the family and it is so hard to lose them. Sending you a big hug.

Unknown said...

deb- you are quite right- we were owned by annie!
Michelle- thankyou. She was a bigger part of our family than I realised. I think it's because she grew up with our kids