Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Are you sitting on a fortune??

I'm positively sure I'm not the only person with pots of loose change sitting around the house. Purse gets emptied, hubby's pants hung up, handbag gets cleaned out- all these things lead to an accumulation of 'loose change' It had got to slightly ridiculous proportions so I took two bags to our local bank. They have this whiz bang coin sorter which I've never used before. 5 minutes later I'm $181.00 richer!!! Couldn't quite believe there was so much. Still got another pot to go. So, you see, I've been sitting on quite the fortune!!

3 comments:

Kek said...

My son throws his change on his bedside table and ends up with around $500, at which time he takes it to the bank and then goes out and wastes it on booze or some such.

Debstar said...

In reply to your question I have to say right now I'm sitting on my bum.

I seem to be forever scratching around the house for money so if you were to find so much as 10c under a chair seat here it would be a miracle. I have found that the car always has a few coins concealed in it's nooks and crannies, maybe you should go there for your treasure hunt.

KB said...

We have a change jar at our place. It all adds up.