Monday, June 12, 2006

decision made!

I've made the decision to go in the half marathon at Shepparton in August! It's something I've been thinking about for some time but feel that now the time is right!. I don't think my knee would stand up to 21 kms of straight running so I've been looking at run/walk programs. Started today with 8km of 2:3 ( 2 mins walking 3 mins running) Didn't keep strictly to it as my husband rang me in the middle of the program to tell me he'd locked the keys in the car and did I have the RACV ph number. I ran like fury to him ( about 1km) so that sort of jiggered the program! lol
Felt good at the end of it though. Next week I need to do 10km the same way. Also went for a 24km bike ride after that. It was great!
This week I need to do another 5km run and an aerobic session of run/walk. Writing it on here might keep me honest!
Eating hasn't been too flash though:(((

No comments: