Thursday, August 31, 2006

lindyloo123

lindyloo123
Finally got back to the gym last night. Had a very light workout and then yoga. Felt pretty good after that. Today went for a walk in the morning- slow pace and not far and then in the afternoon ran the staff fitness at school. I don't really do the circuit although I do bounce around a bit and demonstrate the exercises. Well..... felt a bit sore in the neck and hip after that. Damn! It's about time these aches and pains left me. I'm going to get a massage next week if I get around to organising it. I feel as though I need to go on a stretching rack or something. I really enjoy the staff fitness classes. It's almost as though they are the best part of my week. I'm going on long service leave at the end of this year until May 29th and then most probably ( definitely!!) going to resign ( retire). I'm hoping to get into the fitness industry in some shape or form. Just hope I have the confidence to pursue it!

3 comments:

Debstar said...

Port Douglas..what luck. We were up that way June last year. My husband works in telecommunications & he had a few jobs in the Daintree, Cairns and then down to Mission Beach. I had a wonderful time tagging along & the only expense was the airfare and a few meals.
Hope you enjoy the massage. If you're anything like me the massage is always on the "gonna do" list but I really should get these old muscles worked on more often.

For awhile when my shoulder was really bad I had a guy giving me trigger point massage on a weekly basis and it really worked well for me. I had him work on my hip as well but I got absolutely no relief with the trigger point. Stretching, and the trick with the tennis ball was the only things that gave me relief. Its really annoying when all these old body parts refuse to behave the way one wants them to.

Have a good week

Debstar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Nice to hear from you deb- I'm about to do the tennis ball stuff. There have been a few people mentioning it now.
We've been to Port Douglas a few times now and were actually up there last June too!!! Perhaps we passed on Marcrossan Rd!! Probably drinking coffee!!!