Tuesday, September 11, 2007

3 weeks to go- mother -in-law in hospital, lists that start at 4 weeks to go and a sore neck/back. Hmmmmm- guess we'll make it! We board the plane to britain on Oct 4th and there seems to be heaps to do. While I was lounging in the bath ( as you do when there's lots and lots and lots to do) I realised that this trip is really a pilgrimage back to our home town. It will be 50 years since I was there with my sisters. It really struck me for some reason and made me realise how significant this will be ( all right I'm not really known for being 'quick'!!) We're going to see our old home and look through it. I can hardly imagine how that will be- I'm guessing fairly emotional and prob not at all like I imagined it to be.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

The house will probably seem far smaller than you imagined it.

Oct 4 huh? That day I'm flying to Frankfurt. We'll be in the sky on the same day though probably not at the same time.

Not long now. I'm going out to buy socks and undies today for hubby. I think he's eaten most of his.

Still having problems deciding what clothes to take.

Unknown said...

I've written a llst for clothes but I know I'll keep throwing stuff in at the last minute- "just in case'!!. I'll look out for you on the 4th- I'll wave my hot pink scarf out of the window!.