Wednesday, May 05, 2010

the saddest day


Farewell to my old car. I've had the bubble for about 14 years- it was a car I coveted from the moment I laid my eyes on them. I used to make up stories about them when I saw them in a car park -eg maybe this really was my car, perhaps someone had bought it for me blah blah blah . I would park my car next to one if it was there and used to visualise it coming down the drive ( sad really!! lol)

Then, lo and behold, one of them really was MINE!. Met my son and hubby at maccas ( daughter with me listening to all my 'bubble stories') when it was time to go- surprise!! the car I had parked next to suddenly flashed it lights! lovely hubby had surprised me with it. And thus began my love affair with my 'bubble'!

well...time has slipped by and it's got tired and not as safe as the new cars. Last year I got another Mazda ( see earlier post- speeding ticket! bad car!!) Daughter had the bubble for nearly a year and now has a new car.

The bubble is now happily teaching a young 16 year old how to drive. It's happy, its new owner is happy and I'm nostalgically happy.

what a long boring post this is!! lol

2 comments:

Debstar said...

Not a boring post at all. I totally understand, I love my Mazda too.

Unknown said...

Ahhh-thanks deb. You understand!