Monday, November 06, 2006

Well- the thought of 'tired and washed up' did occur to me this morning as I struggled to do 6kms! As soon as I started I got a stitch! That didn't leave me the whole way around but another one did develop in the last couple of kms. My legs ached, I puffed and my upper body felt like it was about to drop off! Went to gym after that ( after a coffee and some toast) just did leg work and then a shower and felt fabulous and very very noble!! hahahah. My aches and pains from injury are lessening which is good so maybe the 10km fun run is possible. I'm very excited at an email I received. I've been enquiring into race walking and got an answer from a trainer fairly close to me. I'll go on Tuesday week. I walk really fast so thought it might be a natural progression to race walking. lol- we'll see!

3 comments:

Debstar said...

6klms with a stitch, that's awesome. I'd have to lay down after the first 400 meters! After 6 klms I'd need an oxygen mask....NO... hospitalisation.
How's the hip holding up?

Unknown said...

I try not to think of it! I ice and stretch after any cardio and I think it's improving- a bit. I'm a bit like an ostrich though- I try to pretend it's just not there!

Unknown said...

I just knew that if I stopped this time it would be far easier to stop the next time and so on! It's always good doing a fun run- seems to get the most out of people. I can always do better when there's lots of people to help distract me!