Thursday, March 20, 2008

A day in Brissy with Debstar



Had a great day meeting up with Deb again- this time in Brisbane. My husband had to go to a conference so I got to go and just play!! Deb came up from the Gold Coast by train and we had a day of walking, walking and more walking and talking, talking and more talking!! Lots of fun and definitely great to meet up with Deb again. The picture above is all my fault!! I bought the brownie and I made sure Deb was my 'partner in crime' in demolishing it.
Deb was keen to see the Andy Warhol exhibition and I was keen to improve my 'cultural awareness'!! I can't say I would ever like to see his stuff on my walls but I did like the silver clouds ( which were like enlarged wine bladders filled with helium) and also the silver balls in the water outside the gallery ( not part of the AW exhibition) hmmmmmm.....perhaps I'd better go back to school and join all the other kids who were obviously playing and enjoying these too!
I loved Brisbane- but then perhaps I just love what I know of Queensland. I think I'm really a QLD girl underneath this cold Melbourne exterior! I'LL BE BACK!!!
Thanks Deb for making the effort to come and see me- don't forget I'd love to show you around Melbourne if you ever come south.

No comments: