Saturday, March 29, 2008

Not this time!

I am so disappointed. I was really looking forward to the run and all organised for it. I guess I caught out by the daylight saving mess up with optus! I set my alarm to go off at 5.30am and we needed to leave by 6.45am. About to walk out the door and hubby said- what is the time??? Yes you guessed it- phone had automatically undated to turn the clock back and the actual time was 7.45am!! Too late to drive the hour into the city and the probable 15mins walk to the start. I was really cross but there was nothing to be done about it- grrrrr. We took ourselves to Warby ( I got dropped at Yarra Junction- about 9kms from Warby) and ran and walked the distance. It was a fantastic morning- all low clouds, the smell of woodsmoke, horpees ( horses in granddaughter speak) in the paddocks. Really beautiful!! So for the rest of the day I drank coffee and basically ate rubbish! lol- oh well- tomorrow is another day! And there's always next year.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

According to ABC news you weren't the only one caught out. What a bummer!
If you read idet's post you might be a little pleased that you managed to get a cup of coffee even if you didn't get to run/walk.

Kek said...

Bugger! I was just confused... thought daylight saving was ending and couldn't figure out how come the clock in my car was showing the right time, according to the radio. Duh!