Friday, March 21, 2008

Just a warning to other bloggers out there- although you all may be a bit more savvy than me- there are some strange msgs being left in the comments and yesterday I clicked on one from another blogger and all of a sudden microsoft updates flashed up with warnings about spyware and virus's and making sure I had all the updates. I did a virus scan and sure enough had bits and pieces of undesirable stuff on here. I think I've got rid of it all but who knows. That's the last time I click on anything that I don't know or that looks a bit out of the ordinary. Usually I'm really careful.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for the warning Linda. It is very easy for them to catch you out. I've been caught out myself occassionaly and I work with PC's. I know I have recieved heaps of emails telling me to link on a link. You click on the lick and it seems to give your viruses as well.

Hope you managed to get all the little bits :)

Kek said...

My rule of thumb: if I don't know the sender/commenter, I don't click on anything. The 'delete' button is your best friend.

So is comment moderation. :o)

Glad you had a nice time in Brissie...

Debstar said...

Kek and Kristy, Linda FORCED me to eat that brownie (in yesterdays post), really she did!!!


Linda, I was almost tempted to open one of those comments because I got one too but decided that the English was so bad it would drive me nuts to read it. Thanks for the tip.

Unknown said...

I confess- yes I DID force deb to eat the brownie!!! You can see me reflected in her eyes with a manic expression on my face!!!
Kerryn- I did delete the comment on mine and yes I reckon your rule 'rules'!