Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I have a confession to make! I didn't actually go in the Mother's Day Classic after all. It was the thought of stuggling with traffic, parking and not actually doing the walk til probably after 10am that put me off. Also - being a 4km walk wasn't a huge incentive or challenge and would probably have been ultra slow with all those people. I know the walk was more for the meaning behind it rather than the physical challenge but I still found myself lacking real motivation to go. However- instead- we walked/ran around our local lake for 7km. There was also a church service going on there and they had pink balloons and logos for the anti cancer promotion so I felt this was a good alternative. My mum wasn't far from my thoughts all day.
I had a phone call from my daughter who was in SA for the week and phone call and visit from son David- so that was a lovely part of my day too.

5 comments:

Kek said...

Well that explains why I didn't spot your hat - or your socks - or your butt-ugly shoes. :o) I was looking!

Battling traffic on a Sunday morning? Nuh-uh! I had a dream run to the city and an even quicker one home. You should have entered the 4km run - you could have walked it faster than some of the people who ran it.

Glad you got your exercise in anyway AND had a lovely Mothers' Day.

Unknown said...

You wouldn't have found my 'butt-ugly' shoes cos I was all glam in my shiny pink shoes with matching pink socks!!
Next time I'll def go in the run!

Debstar said...

At least you did something Linda. Is Kek making you feel guilty right now?

Kristy said...

I think the 4 km run is the best as in SA anyway it is the first race so parking is easy and it is a great time of the day...

Sounds like you still had a great walk / run...

Unknown said...

Deb- how did you know???
Kristy-I really did have a good run/walk. Next year I'm going to do the 8km!!!