Sunday, August 16, 2009

Old Haunts

Had a really interesting and emotional day on Saturday. The house I grew up in was up for auction so with my sisters and partners etc we all went to see it. Nothing much had been changed since we'd all lived there. I was the last to leave home ( when I got married 1973) and our parents would have moved in about '77. The place had been rented so it was fairly run down and as I said- nothing much had been changed. Going into my old bedroom brought such memories back and our parents room too. The old dugout ( room under the house) where my middle sister scalped my doll so she could put the hair on hers - with me kicking and screaming outside the door! ( she later presented her doll- 'Rosie' to me- but that was beside the point!) I felt as though I had been through an emotional wringer by the end. Bitter sweet and lovely but nostaligic memories. I'm really glad I got the opportunity to see through it once more.

No comments: