Friday, August 28, 2009

Aren't we soft

Finally got the power back on after 2 nights without ( Melb had quite severe storms) The prob with our lack of power is that it also means lack of water as we're on tank water and therefore no pump!! Managed ok with dinner out and the gym nearby for a shower ( plus a workout- might as well as I was near!). Good to actually have light now when you switch on the light switch for the umpteenth time!! Had lots of trees and branches down. My sister and her partner ( with chainsaw) came to the rescue and we managed to get a lot of the debris chopped and burnt- it was lovely of them to give up there time.
Now- I need some help! Does anyone have any suggestions of getting around a reaction to chlorine from swimming pools. I don't really want to change pools but I am tired of feeling bunged up and having piggy little eyes for days after. Sudafed does seem to help- but I don't want to pump my body full of medication either. I'm actually enjoying the swimming and slowly slowly slowly (dare I say it ) improving !!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Glad you have power again Linda.

Not sure how to help re swimming. Do you wear goggles in the water?

Unknown said...

yes- I wear goggles. Have thought about a full face mask- what a good look that would be!!

Debstar said...

Maybe you could wear one of those big round divers helmets. hehehe

I don't have that problem with chlorine so no suggestions from me. Ask the people who work at the pool or failing that ask a pharmacist.