Friday, October 30, 2009

Learning to say no!

Does anyone else on here have trouble saying 'no'? I have all this course work to do and not a great deal of spare time- but when I'm asked to go somewhere or do something- before I know it that little word just slips out- 'yes'!! 'Yes' I'd love to meet for coffee" "Yes, I'm happy to cover that shift for you", "Yes, of course we can do dinner". Yes yes yes!!! and I am wanting to do all these things but I need to prioritise ( and perhaps learn how to spell that word- it doesn't look quite right) I guess all the work will get done- it usually does
anyway- today I had lunch and film with my sisters- and a lovely time it was! It is my middle sisters b'day next week so she got to choose the film- Julie and Julia. I had heard it was slow and boring- but I really enjoyed it. We had lots of giggles before it started (hmmmm....some of us never grow up) and each confessed to almost having a mini 'nana nap' sometime during the movie. As I said- lots of fun and I'm glad I said yes!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Funny Linda I sometimes have that problem depending who it is, but I often have the other problem of saying no to other situations... Depends who it is I think. Family I can't say no to, friends sometimes I can

Debstar said...

Ok, so you've just talked me out of seeing that movie. Micro nanna naps is not utilizing my time effectively.

I just went to see Mao's Last Dancer. It's well worth seeing.