Friday, October 16, 2009

Mao's last Dancer

Went to see Mao's Last Dancer on Friday. Has anyone else seen it? I really loved it! Such an interesting story and what a fabulous dancer! ( at least the guy who played him was!) I'm now off to read the book and see what really happened! Saw it with my two sisters. My middle sister and I had a bit of a 'sob' while my oldest sister was fairly stoic! it's always good to get together with them. Had a bit of a laugh in the 'pre' film bit. lol- a bit like naughty schoolgirls sitting in the back row!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Linda, yes I saw this about 3 weeks ago and was going to blog about it, but never quite got there :P.

It was fantastic, beautiful story, I recommend it to everyone. Even my 14 year old sister loved it.

Sue said...

I saw it yesterday with my mum, I could help but cry when his parents came in but laugh with the pants line from his father :) Loved it!

Unknown said...

I've read the book and loved it. I really want to see the movie to see how it compares (plus to see the dancers' bods)

Debstar said...

I've only read the book. Top read. What an eye opener. Also if you like the book then go look for Wild Swans, it's also about China but includes alot more history.