Friday, October 02, 2009

no real news

I'm getting so slack at writing on here without any real reason or excuse. Life is busy but then it's always busy! Tafe starts back on Monday after a 2 week break so will be good to see students again but it does mean more work! The course I'm doing on training and assessment has me sweating a bit. Got to do 15 min presentation this week and, as always, I tend to get a bit stewed up about it. Not really sure why- I face adults and train and teach all week!!! I guess it's just my way of making sure I actually do the preparation. If I didn't feel 'fear' then I'd prob just leave everything to the last minute.
Workouts have been consistent and great. I feel so indulgent when I can spend a good amount of time just moving weights. Trying to vary what I do a bit but there is a limit to the different types of exercises you can do. I tried the d/b chest press with 30lbs ( 13.6kg) and found I could do it! lol I regularly do 25lb (11.3kg- and yes- I do have an online converter!!) but wasn't sure how I would go with the next weight up- didn't want to collapse in the middle of all those tough guys that preen their way around the gym! Got hubby to stand close to spot me in case I failed!
Tried the new leg workout in the latest Oxygen Mag- 7 sets of squats with varying leg positions. It was ok - but in the 60 sec rest inbetween did upright rows and bent over rows- so at least that made good use of my time.
I'm just rambling now- have a good weekend everybody!

4 comments:

Kek said...

Linda, we ALL hate doing presentations of that sort. I'm quite sure you'll be fine.

30lb DB bench press? Awesome! :o)

Debstar said...

Did you have to mention presentations? I have to do one in a weeks time. waaahhhhh. I've found that I'm really proficient at making a dick of myself.

Well done on the weight training. Now I feel like scrawny girl. I'll just keep telling myself that I can swim better than you and I won't feel so bad.

Unknown said...

Kerryn- I think public speaking is right up there on the 'anxiety'scale-lol- so at least I don't feel alone! Is 30lb good? I've no idea I just know it feels bloody heavy!!
Deb- hate to say this but EVERYBODY swims better than me!!!
Good luck with presentation- do think we could just run away together and then no one would notice???

Debstar said...

Linda, I know you could run away. Maybe I could swim away.