Saturday, March 20, 2010

wimp gym-wimp weights


When I used to run the roads I renamed a road- it went from Hull rd to Wimp hill! Halfway up I just stopped! I still call it that even though I did master it in the end!

well......now it seems I need to call my gym- 'Wimp Gym'. On Saturday , about to do the d/b chest press and hubby asks if I want to try the 35lbs weights. 'nah' I say, 'I'll keep to the 30lbs'. 'just try' says he. so I do! I get to 8 reps and squeak- just doing 2 more. his reply- one more after that- which I do. It wasn't really hard and truth to tell - I could have done more! Then I move to the seated row. Put it on my usual 60lbs but the weights are stuck so I'm doing 70. It won't move or drop down so I finish the set at 70lbs. See what I mean??? I need to up the weights but I'm stuck in wimpsville. Any suggestions or tricks for getting ones head past the 'it;s heavy enough- I can't do anymore' stage????? I really don't want a personal trainer- too expensive and I don't want to be injured

3 comments:

Debstar said...

Sounds like you just need to take your hubby along more often.

Debstar said...

Re: picture - pectoralis major.
I know that now. *smiles smugly*.
Also, he has no man bits, obviously he's been overdoing it with the steroids.

Unknown said...

Good thinking deb- I'll assign him my 'mentor'- that should lead to some wonderful domestics!!! lol
re the pic- I'll go and check him out!!