Thursday, July 15, 2010

Birthday

It would have been my mum's 90th birthday this week. I know I won't keep thinking of her being a different age than she was, but for the moment its nice to remember her day.
We took tea and biscuits up to the place where she and my dad are scattered. ( in a park overlooking Silvan Dam- in the Dandenong Mountains) It was beautiful and very cold! In some ways the passing of time makes it all the sadder- it's longer she hasn't been with us, but on the other hand it is lovely to have all those memories and that makes her seem not so far away.
I still feel as though she is just on a holiday or it was one of those times I hadn't rung her for a little while.
There is this part of life and then there is the birthday of my now 1 year old youngest granddaughter! The cycle of life- isn't it amazing.

1 comment:

Kek said...

Tea and biscuits by the reservoir - what a lovely way to remember your Mum, Linda.