Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ramblings- this and that!

Finally got courage to step on the scales after the holiday. A 1.7kg increase!! Hopefully that will come down with a few days of being more sensible. I do have the fear that one day my weight will just get out of control. I look at overweight people and know that it didn't happen overnight. It's just a creep, creep, creep- then one day you realise that it's all out of control. I always seem to put on weight on holiday ( do you think it could be the croissants?????) But it always comes down after a few days if I watch my diet a bit more carefully.
School holidays are almost over and I've had some great times with the two granddaughters. Saw Shrek- which was okayish- and then took oldest granddaughter rollerskating. That was fun. Then today my gym had a kid's program- which they both enjoyed. It looked like such fun I wouldn't have minded participating!!
On Tues I did a Body Attack class with my daughter. I had severe misgivings about doing it- but it went really well and I came out in one piece. The instructor kept giving low impact alternatives and didn't stay on one exercise for too long.
This weekend we are off to Wangaratta ( north Vic- country) to do precisely NOTHING!!
Saturday is our 3rd granddaughters 1st birthday so we're going to arvo tea on Sunday to celebrate.
The Monday- all the chaos starts again!! lol

1 comment:

Kek said...

Linda, I'd say you have a sane and sensible approach to holidays. Relax, enjoy your food and gain 1-2kg (which is probably mostly water anyway), without freaking out. Then get back into your normal routine once you get home, and watch it disappear.

Works for me anyway.

Is it really a year since your little granddaughter was born? Yikes.