Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling so good!

I'm feeling terrific! Partly, possibly, due to my now 'pain free foot' but also because of going back to do the 84 Day Body Challenge. I've followed this plan once before ( but not for the full time!) and lost a few kilos and felt much better. This time I've added in the supplements they suggest. I'm sure it's the ginseng and maybe the spirulina that is helping. I'm much fuller of energy and just feel better. Even getting only 2 hours sleep (grrrrr) last night hasn't flattened me!
Has anybody got any suggestions for sleeping? I get to sleep ok ( like- head hits the pillow and I'm gone) but wake 2-3hrs later and often have trouble getting back to sleep ( like last night- not at all!!) Prob menopausel stuff, but I'm thinking it's about time this sort of nonsense stopped!

4 comments:

Kek said...

At risk of stating the obvious, cut way back on caffeine.

Other than that, what works for me is magnesium (also good for muscle recovery) and the evil-tasting hops and valerian drops I have in the pantry. Remind me to look up the brand and I'll let you know. The hops help with menopausal hot flushes too.

Unknown said...

thanks kerryn- any suggestions are eagerly accepted! Cutting back on caffeine is good- I've actually cut back the past couple of days but I guess that's just short term at this stage.

Kek said...

Here you go, I remembered:

http://www.avogel.co.uk/shop/products/remedies/dormeasan.php

I found it at a local health food store, and I know Evelyn Faye sell it too.

It's a bit nasty, but you mix the drops in water and drink it shortly before bed. It saved my sanity. :)

Try the magnesium too, it isn't likely to hurt.

Unknown said...

thanks kerryn- I'll give them a go and let you know:))