Sunday, August 14, 2011

only 7.5 to go!

This is becoming a running blog! Going well with my training for the half marathon in October. Ran 12km straight and then 3km walk and run. Time wasn't brilliant but as I'm just trying to make the distance it's not really an issue ( well........ it sort of is...... don't want to be toooo slow!)
Turned on my ph app this time- it calculates how far, time etc. Not sure what happened but it seemed to have lost a few kms along the way and according to it my run speed varied quite considerable ( I think I just go slow or slower!!). but apart from that the ph was great! If people click on facebook that they like this- I get cheers or 'go go go'. That was fun!
My body felt fantastic while I was running- no pain, no discomfort no anything! I was tired towards the end and glad to stop- but I guess my fitness and running strength will gradually improve.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Your doing really well with your running Linda... Great job and so happy to hear no injuries :)

Debstar said...

pfft 7.5km is nothing. You'll romp it in.

Unknown said...

thanks for the votes of confidence !! After tonights effort at the gym I'm thinking the 3km run might be a better bet!!!!!

Miss Positive said...

Sounds like its going really well Linda - wow I would love to be able to run 12kms without stopping!!