Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hmmmmmm....... my little footsie is not very happy:((( Unfortunately all this running seems to be aggravating my foot! Hopefully a week rest ( just cycling and maybe swimming) might help. I joined a running forum and the advice from there is to do short runs more often to build up fitness base and that if I can do 14km - then the 21km on race day won't really be taxing. I think that's right. In the past I've trained for the run for kids ( 15) and haven't really gone past 12km. On the day it's always easier to do that bit more.
I really really really hope I can do this run!

4 comments:

Debstar said...

The foot problem could actually stem from your calf muscles. Stretch everything.

Kek said...

What Deb said. And if it doesn't improve in a few days, go see a sports physician for a proper diagnosis.

You don't want to risk developing a serious problem and putting yourself out of action for weeks.

Raquel said...

good luck and i hope your feetsies get better!

Unknown said...

Deb- I'm sure you;re right- as everything hinges on something else! I do stretch regularly and always after running. It's the plantar faciitis just letting me know it's still around. I'll give it a rest and see how it responds
Kek- I know what it is and I also know that running aint good for it! I won't do the half if it doesn't improve- don't want to travel that path again- took me 4 years before to get it to the place where I can run on it- as long as I don't over do it!
raquel- thankyou:))))) I hope so too