Friday, September 23, 2011

holiday tasks!


School holidays have arrived which means 2 weeks off from TAFE. As much as I really love the teaching there I'm always relieved when holidays are here. As usual I have a PLAN. Wrote my list of 'To Do's" and set about Task 1- clean out the recipe books that take up a whole kitchen cupboard!
I'm a very basic cook and if I want something different I usually hit the internet. So..... no need for all those cookery books I have accumulated. On my hands I knees I sorted into piles and lo and behold...by the end of it- I had almost exactly the same number of piles as I started!
There's something about cook books that seem so appealing- I'm sure I'll make this some day- I'll make a recipe from here once a week etc etc
Sadly... that never happens and I still have a cupboard full of books that I really know I will NEVER use
Any suggestions??

3 comments:

Debstar said...

Can't help you because I do the exact same thing.

Kek said...

Why not add to your holiday to-do list: "Make five new recipes from my lovely cookbook collection"?

:)

Unknown said...

Deb=- I thought this might be a universal problem
Kerryn- a great idea- I'll do just that!