Friday, September 02, 2011

Reluctantly and sadly

unfortunately I have made the decision not to go on with the half marathon:((. My foot doesn't like it and after having 4 years of getting it to a point where I can run ( if I don't overdo it) then I don't want to go back to hobbling, icing, walking and NO RUNNING!
I'm really disappointed as I would have loved to compete in it- on the other hand I'm relieved that the pressure to keep increasing distance is off me. Ho hum- the next challenge may be a 10k or something more manageable. I really enjoy the fun runs and they give me a purpose for the training.

2 comments:

Kek said...

Good call, Linda. I know how disappointing it is to pull out of something you've worked hard for and looked forward to, but taking care of your body is more important.

Debstar said...

What a bummer, but as Kek said, it's a good call.