Thursday, July 31, 2008

buying online

Do many others buy things online? I've only ever bought two ( now make that 3) books online. The first was a pony book that I loved when I was a kid and couldn't resist getting it again ( and YES I did reread it!!) Had to get a postal order to pay for it- and that caused me a bit of grief and a few trips back and forth to the PO with the address etc! The second was a fitness book from o/s - so to pay for that we had to get my sister in law to write a cheque ( from England) and we eventually repaid her when we went over! I've now bought my 3rd book ( meditations) and being a more enlightened buyer- I used my mastercard which I got especially to buy stuff on here. It's far too easy though, just a few numbers and 'pooff'- I've bought it!!

5 comments:

Kek said...

Uh...I can't believe you've never done this! We buy MOST of our stuff from the net. Among other things, books, sheet music and cycling gear are stupidly expensive here, so it's economical to buy from OS.

Hmm, what else? Fitness programs, magazine subscriptions, online trainers, supplements. Hmm, stuff for the new house from online auction places. T-shirts, workout clothes.

And my husband and son are single-handedly keeping Bay going...

Kek said...

That was meant to be eBay. Stupid keyboard!

Debstar said...

I'm still living in a cave. Don't use Ebay, still have trouble sending text on the phone, don't want to part with my savings bank book. Worst of all I still don't know how to set the video recorder.

The way I look at it, when I get alzheimers there's a whole lot of stuff I won't be forgetting seeing as how I never figured it out in the first place.

Kristy said...

I love buying stuff online. I just bought my cycling lights online and I got them within 3-4 days. Often things are much cheaper online even including the shipping. It always good to shop around online and offline...LOL Also online shopping can be done from the comfort of your lounge room or bed as is the case at the moment...

Unknown said...

Kerryn- guess I'm living in the dark ages but slowly emerging!! I have a feeling that once unleashed it could be a VERY bad habit!!
Deb- I like the insurance for when you get alzheimers!.
Kristy- in bed?? is it late??