Friday, July 25, 2008

Shopping

I seemed to have done a bit of shopping lately. Went shopping with my older sister and her daughter and was taken firmly in hand with comments of - stop wearing so much black- don't be so unadventurous- try different things- stop wearing trackky daks. Consequently I came home with a 'foofy white shirt' which I don't think I will ever wear!! However, I did try to take heed of some of this advice and since then I have bought a pair of GREY trackky daks and a beige t-shirt, both of which I know I will wear. I also tried on a purple DRESS ( my goodness I'd almost forgotten I had legs!) for my nephew's wedding in November. Didn't buy it but will go back and have another look. It was really nice with no 'foof' or frill in sight! I would have loved wearing all the latest fashions ( ie babydoll foofy styles etc) 30 years ago and I don't really like tailored or jackety type things so I guess I'm somewhere inbetween- lol- in good old trackky daks and windcheaters!!

2 comments:

Kek said...

It's sad how much time we spend in trakky daks. Comfy they are...and I do try to wear my BEST trakky daks when I'm out shopping. LOL.

But you can't wear them to a wedding, so you better find something that suits your tastes!

Kristy said...

Lol Linda I'm not much of a frills or really girly stuff either...Hope you decide on the dress though as it sounds nice!

Traky daks and windcheaters are so damn comfy...Add dressing gowns to that...Oh boy I sound so old :(