Saturday, October 11, 2008

Group fitness training

Had my first session in learning how to be a freestyle group fitness instructor. All I can say is that I need to do my homework- and fast!!! You have to think of about 5 things at once- maybe I was a man in a former life, I just know it was really difficult. It's the counting, cueing, knowing the blocks of music and where it all is and finally the movement that has to be done. EEEEKKKK
On the calorie count- I had banana bread at Maccas ( when I was caught short and NEEDED something) I normally would have had the cookies but figured that maybe the banana bread had some nutritional value and hopefully no trans fats. I just checked it on calorie king and it had a whopping 600 + calories!!! Better make sure I'm prepared next time.

3 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Go the freestyle instruction!! Not one gym up here does freestyle anything, it's all Les Mills! How exciting for you.

I can't believe a licorish allsorts pack has that many cals!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! And the banana bread... calorie king is scary when you actually find that stuff out. I may sound like a
d!ck, but I never actually knew how many calories were in alcohol. A nip, ahhh must be 30 cals, and drink it with the diet stuff, she'll be right.
NOPE!
70calories per nip for vodka/bacardi etc... SEVENTY!!!!!! Thanks calorie king... for NOTHING!!!!!

Anyway good luck with your 12 week challenge, you're brave to do it thru Christmas ;) LoL - that's a smart idea actually...
!

Unknown said...

I think I'm becoming addicted to calorie king!! My record of consistency and sticking to a good diet is not the best- but I guess anything I do will have to improve matters!
I've been practising the cueing and counting- I can now do it in my kitchen with my cd with only the cats for an audience- whoooweeee I am improving!!! lol

Debstar said...

I've only just been introduced to banana bread and now I've gotta ditch it!!! Look out Linda I might just challenge you to th 12 week thing. Yikes there is a 2 week holiday in there somewhere so you might beat me to the end.

Stay away from CK it's evil I tell ya.