Friday, October 17, 2008

Group instructor or two left feet!!

Second session of 'learning to be an aerobics instructor' coming up on Saturday. Well.....I was ready to throw in the towel this week- that's right- to quit! To give up! To Pike out! To wimp out!! I have never felt so inept! In the end I rang my lovely instructor and she managed to instill some confidence ( by assuring me I wasn't the ONLY one feeling like that- amazing what safety there is in numbers!) and giving me a simplified homework program and the assurance that the 'music is my friend'! lol- some friend!! Anyway- I went home, lovingly spoke to the cd player and caressed it into action and then lo and behold- things seemed to work out. I actually listened to the music instead of panicking and steps seemed to flow and cues started sprouting forth. I'll keep you informed of whether this continued into actually doing it in front of all the others.

1 comment:

Debstar said...

The trick is not watching the gawky goose at the back of the class who is incapable of keeping in time with the music. The gawky goose would be me. hehe.

Beat!!! What beat??