Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas and all that stuff

I had such a lovely surprise on Monday with my 50's class. Unbeknownst to me they had got together when I was on holiday and arranged a collection to get me a gift voucher for Christmas and also arranged that the 'cuppa' we have after the class was to become a rather grand 'Christmas afternoon tea'. To say I was gobsmacked would be an understatement!! I spent the rest of the day on my gym shift with a silly grin on my face and a real feeling of warmth and appreciation. They are a lovely group of ladies!

Today I had a rather reluctant workout. It's funny how sometimes it's easy to be fired up and raring to go and others ( like today) everything was a struggle. I revisisted the leg press and found I could only squeeze out a pathetic 80kg. I haven't done that machine for a while but the last time I was making 100kg with some effort. I then dallied around the chest press and dumbells and then did a bit of back and tummy but all in all- a rather wishywashy affair! I think my New Years Resolution had better be something to get me on track and motivated.

This year we had a Christmas celebration before Christmas with some of my family. This will be the first year that we haven't actually got together on Christmas day. Had a BBQ and lots of Christmas cheer. I always feel 'huge' next to my big sister!!

No comments: