Thursday, February 12, 2009

The bad, the good and the ugly

it's smelling very smokey here tonight- apparently from the Bunyip fire but no threat to us. Don't know about other victorians but I feel a bit jumpy when faced with this. Pictures and stories in newspapers during this week have been both tragic and uplifting and all extremely emotional. You can feel the 'flatness' of people. Everyone seems affected by the fires- I just hope that we don't forget too easily and think that it won't happen again. It's now that issues need to be addressed ie communications, clearing, firebreaks etc. Fires are just a part of the nature of Australia and nothing is going to stop that - we need to be more realistically prepared.
The good is...... we are going to be grandparents of 3 little girls in July! Not that all three are coming then just that the number 3 grandchild to be is also a girl~!!! Yahhhhhh....... how cute will that be??? No name yet but I'm sure that will come.
The ugly???......me when I get up in the morning!!! I feel so tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: