Thursday, February 05, 2009

eat my shorts!

With all this wonderful hot hot weather lately I've been wearing shorts- at least shorts to the gym, running and around the house. Now.......does anyone have some favourite whiz bang exercises for the inner thighs that work??? I don't normally scrutinize my legs but with shorts it's a bit hard to ignore them! I do heaps of leg exercise and mostly they are ok but I've noticed the inner thigh part is well.....best to say...I'd probably be best not to wear shorts! lol
On a brighter note- I went to the myotherapist ( stevie) for a bit of a tune up and told him of my entering the 'run for kids" (I'm already having doubts) But now I know why I love going to see my friend stevie!! lol. He told me to go for it! Hmmmm......perhaps he's thinking of the extra business he will get? Anyway I really like it when people are positive and enthusiastic about challenges and working with injuries instead of suggesting the rocking chair and knitting.

3 comments:

gypsy77 said...

OMG!! You live near me!

I do the 1000 steps all the time, that will definatley take care of your inner thigh problem, hehe! Especially if you do what my sis and I do and lunge up the track....hell! Utter hell!!!!!

Another good one is pop (or hop) squats using a dumbell. Its like a squat but you don't come all the way up and you sqat outwards then inwards (sideways) instead of up and down.

You should come and try a boxing class. I go to Fitlife in FTG.

gypsy77 said...

Hey, if you ever want to do the 1000 steps with some company.....let me know....I promise I wont make you run....much!!!!!

My trainer makes some of the other girls do it whilst wearing a 10kg weight vest...thats just cruel!

But i love cruel!!! Hehe!

Debstar said...

Wear longer shorts.

Seriously I tried so hard to tighten up my inner thighs that I reckon I could have cracked walnuts with them. They still wobbled.

Good luck on the run.