Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just what the doctors ordered!

I took drs Kerryn and Selina's advice and took a day holiday to north vic ( Echuca) Sat night. Did me the power of good, girls! Feel terrific now. It could be because Monday was a much better day than the previous Monday, but I like to think it was because of the good advice I got- and took!
I chose swimming over a gym/weights workout today - cos of my sore back. Had a massage this afternoon and now feel like a million bucks! However I MUCH prefer the weights to water- I can actually breathe when doing weights, unlike when I'm trying to swim. I look at other people swimming and they seem to do it so easily. I gasp and struggle, feel like my legs are about to drop off and as though my chest is about to cave in. ( no- I'm actually NOT exagerating!) Any body got any useful tips to make this any easier? I use flippers - so already I cheat. I'm not trying to break any records I just would like to swim without the struggle.

4 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Haha, glad you had a good break. :)
My swimming advice - retire from it :) After swim training for months for a triathlon, I came to the realisation that I don't have gills...
I just cannot swim, I too feel like I'm being suffocated... even with flippers.
So I chose to stick to the land :)
Running it is. I know you have to watch your foot though, maybe cycling instead!?!? ;)
Or on the other hand - you could get proper swim coaching, then you'll blitz it!

Unknown said...

Nooooo- can't retire from it- it's taken me about 3 years to get to the point where I can swim 1 length with flippers! lol- sad isn't it? I love running and foot is gradually improving. Cycling with my 'magic' bike is good fun. I just hate being beaten by water!!

Kek said...

Glad you had a nice break, Linda - sometimes that's just what we need. :o)

I seconf Selina's advice - get a swimming coach to help you out for a few sessions. My hubby did and it made a huge difference to his skills. He went from struggling through a few laps to doing 20,30, 50 no probs at all.

Unknown said...

eek! it took mr 8 months of lessons to swim ONE lap!!!