Sunday, September 27, 2009

kettle bells!

Had the kettle bell workshop the previous week at the gym and what a great one it was. Looking at the guy swinging this weight around it seemed like a great way to do yourself an injury! However, after a good warm up and learning techniques I felt fantastic. I started out with an aching back ( having just been on a 7 hr shift which started at 5.45AM and meant I had to getup at 4.30AM!) and at the end I felt energised, flexible and strong! We ended up with a small circuit we had to do 5 times- 10 swings with each arm, 10 squats, 10 pushups and 10 crunches. When we got to the last round he said to do 30 of each. I beat my manager by about 5 secs! Yaaahhhh. The competitive spirit NEVER diminishes just the execution fades a bit as you get older-lol. I bought one of these kettle bells but haven't used it yet. Hubby is swinging it around in gay abandon and loving it! lol

No comments: