Friday, June 26, 2009

no swimming this week

Decided to give swimming a miss this week as I'm progressively getting more and more reaction to the chlorine! Damn! I've been really enjoying the experience lately! Instead I did a manic aerobic class this morning. It was so fast and even the warm up was way over the top. Everybody was going left right and centre and although the choreography wasn't all that difficult to follow some of the ladies took up half the room as they whizzed back and forward and to the sides! Surely there must be some sort of 'cardio ettiquette'?? if there is they certainly didn;t show it! With only about 10 mins to go we had to do shuttle runs (which were ok) then step ups on the stage ( hasn't she ever heard about dodgy knees?) and burpees ( no- my head def does not like to be upsidedown after I've been running and dodging every one else!) at that stage I gave up and cooled down and stretched in the very serene weights room. Phew- at least I survived- I did have my doubts!!

2 comments:

Debstar said...

Boo to the chlorine. The smell gets me every time. You made me laugh over those crazy aerobic ladies. At least they were having a good time even if you didn't. Are you any skinnier now?

Unknown said...

I love the smell of chlorine- it takes me straight back to when I was about 4years old and my 2 sisters used to have swimming lessons. All those memories!! yes- far skinnier now- they scared the living daylights out of me! ( 'living daylights' weigh at least 2 kgs!!)