Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I was happily tootling up the road this morning with two 5 litre pots of chicken noodle soup in the back seat for the church 'soup kitchen' when around the corner I go and BLOODY HELL............ 4 and half (4.5 to be strictly correct) are now on the seat, on the floor and goodness knows where else!!!!! Isn't it funny how one's vocabulary becomes very limited in times of stress! I honestly didn't know where to start- noodles everywhere! scooped out as much as I could with my hands and the towel it was sitting on but still all along the back seat, on the floor, on the melways ( now in the bin!) on my swimming goggles and over ME!!!.
I have since calmed down, made some more soup on site, done my swim and booked the car in for a steam clean on Monday. I;ve also vacuumed it and scooped some more and it now looks vaguely like a car again. Oh.... and by the way......the smarties were delicious!!!

5 comments:

Debstar said...

Will you be telling hubby before or after the car gets detailed? Sounds like something I would do.

I prefer M & M's

Unknown said...

I already told him. He gave me a later msg after he's had a bit of a nervy turn- 'chicken soup is good for the soul and the back seat'
good to see he still has a sense of humour!
the smartie fetish I think has roots back when my dad used to go to sydney quite often for work- he always used to bring us back a box of smarites. I've eaten a lot of them the past two years. Gotta stop though!!

I can still do justice to M & M's

Unknown said...

smarTIES
goodness- don't know what's wrong with my spelling lately!!

Debstar said...

I was thinking that if you have peanut M&M's then you have your protein, fat and carbs all in one perfect meal. Can't ask for better than that.

My dad always brought home a Violet Crumble Bar every Friday night. I don't like them that much anymore, they stick to your teeth too much.

Kek said...

My Dad used to bring home chocolates on Friday night too - must be a 'dad thing'.

Linda, under those sort of circumstances, my vocabulary shrinks to one single 4-letter word, repeated over and over. Very loudly. Except when my kids are in the car, then I have to get creative.