Wednesday, May 16, 2007



This is what is going to grace our lounge room once we work out how to assemble it! As I can't run at the moment and am therefore having panic attacks at getting too fat- we decided that maybe an exercise bike was the way to go. The only prob is - I'm totally crap at bike riding- whether it be stationary or moving. I struggle at the gym to do 20 mins ( the other day there was a program about how to catch a guy- so I lasted 30 mins on that occasion) Anyway I'll try and build up some cycling fitness. I fitness is very activity specific. I swim for 300 meters and I'm totally wrecked. I could run ( when I had two good feet) for 10km and still look for more. I cycle for 5km and I think I've just about done a marathon!! The main challenge with this bike will definitely be the assembling- should be in for an interesting few days!! Might learn some new words.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

Oh I am so so soooooo jealous. I want one, I want one, I want one. Spinning is so much fun.
Here's the thing, you MUST have the seat at the right height. If it is too low you will be working your quads twice as hard as necessary & you will conk out quickly. Make sure the seat is level to your hip bone.
Unless the bike has the special female seat you are going to need the padded gel seat over the top & maybe even a good bike pants as well or your *ahem* "girly bits" are going to be especially sore.

Always make sure your shoe laces are tucked inside your shoes, if they get caught in the mechanics at all you will find yourself flying over the top of the bike.

AND you will need some good music. The RPM class that I used to go to had one track called 'The Night Train' that I loved. I would imagine that I was riding up to catch the train and it would take off without me so I would have to chase it. (sad huh?)

Look at me telling a PT about spin. sorry about that.

I got all excited for a moment there, I thought you had made up two posts just for me. he he he

Unknown said...

I appreciate any comments on how to cycle better, smarter, faster and with less effort!! And of course the two posts were just for you- just as the next one of the completed bike is too!