Monday, March 09, 2009

The good , the bad and the Ugly!

Felt really off this week- must have had a sort of virussy buggy thingy. Headaches, a bit of nausea and those flickering eyes that are associated with migranes. Anyway because of this I didn't work out on Tues and thought I'd give my early wed cycle class a miss. The thurs came and I felt a bit better but thought I'd prob better not do my usual second workout of the week and by the time friday morning came- well- after a week of not feeling good I wasn't about to plunge into the pool for my friday swim! Hmmmmm..... it's made me realise how easy it is to get out of routine and justify not doing stuff. I generally love exercise but the excuses were really easy to find!
The good of this is- on Saturday I took myself in hand and ran 6k then 3 k walk. Followed by a harder than usual workout, Sun morning my usual hour walk and Monday a beautiful lovely magnificent 37k bike ride up the warby trail. Every man and his dog ( literally!!) were there too.
So- I feel I've made some amends for my slackarse week and it was a good reminder of how easy it is to slip back into slothdom!!
Have a great week every one!

4 comments:

Kek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kek said...

A 6km run isn't exactly a nana workout, Linda...

:o)

Unknown said...

But I was slow and I puffed a lot! And.......I need to do more cos I'm going in the 'run for kids'!

Kek said...

Yeah, slow and puffing a lot - sounds normal to me.

:o)