Saturday, March 07, 2009

I'm BAAAAAACK

I'm Baaaack! I'm back in the saddle again........I'm Baaaaack........back in the saddle again ( Aerosmith)
Anyhow- I'm back on line at home again! Sorted out computer problems it seems - that doesn't mean I've solved printer problems, but that's another story!!
I still hate computers though:(((
I'm looking at doing a certificate 4 in training and assessment. It's something I need to do if I teach adults. I can do it through the tafe I'm working at and it's a lot cheaper but it does involve 17 SATURDAYS!!!! I love my Saturdays and am VERY reluctant to give them up. At present I'm looking at doing it elsewhere (at a mighty cost!) the best I can see so far is a correspondence course- I just need to make sure I have the discipline to do it. I sent away for the 'older adults fitness' course and haven't really done much of that yet.
We had a drive through Yarra Glen today to look at the fire damage. They didn't get hit as hard as Kinglake or Marysville but it certainly was sobering and extensive. Just horrible:(

3 comments:

Kek said...

I have one unit of that Cert IV, Linda - needed it for work when I was delivering training sessions a while back. It was the older version of the course, and the unit I completed was Train Small Groups.

It was easy. You know the deal - competency-based assessment and all that. Nobody fails. It's just doing the actual work that always seems daunting.

Kristy said...

I've done train small groups and the assessment module as needed it for SES training. I tried to do the remaining modules, but couldn't get motivated and found difficult...

As you are currently training I don't think you will have any problems...

Unknown said...

I think I could prob RPL it if I could get together all the stuff I've done over the years- I think it's prob easier to just do it. Correspondence is sounder betterer and betterer!