Saturday, July 18, 2009

Printers-grrrrrrr

Printer ran out of black cartridge so tried to get another one! No luck! I thought this might happen as last time it was hard to track them down. Printer is less than year old! So- bought another printer- not a bad idea as it comes with two cartridges and at the price I got it the actual printer doesn't cost too much. So- setting itup. First- check that it comes with what it's supposed to- power cord -tick - telephone connection for fax- tick - manuals- tick - disks-tick. not problems there! So- following directions- attach USB cord- no tick!!! How come, when something as essential as a connection to the computer is needed THEY DON'T INCLUDE ONE!!!!! Bloody computers! Luckily I had one that fitted from the previous printer. But what if I hadn't had a previous printer????? GRRRRRRRRR

2 comments:

Kristy said...

As I was reading I knew exactly what you'd be missing Linda. I've never understood how they can't include the cable. It's crazy.

I'm surprised the guy selling it didnt tell you

Debstar said...

My husband has a thing about laser printers, he really likes them but the darn cartridges cost more than a new printer WITH the cartridge (like about $50 more). What is with that? How environmentally unfriendly can you get? I can see us ending up with countless printers all sitting in our study because he hates to throw away anything that still works.