Tuesday, January 05, 2010

7 random facts

I've taken up Selina's challenge and here are 7 random facts you may not know about me

1. The one career I DIDN'T want when growing up was teaching! I would hear teachers out of control of their classroom and shudder

2. I only went into teaching because I wanted to have tertiary education and get paid for it ( yeah- this was in the old days when we had teaching bursaries!) and also because my sister was a teacher

3. I have loved teaching and have been really proud to have been a teacher, It doesn't define who I am anymore ( thank goodness) but at one time it did

4. I am a little paranoid that I will lose control of my waist line- wake up one day and find the dreaded 'middle age spread'! I know it doesn't happen overnight- but it can creep up!

5. I am shy in crowds and often have to force myself into large gatherings.

6. I love taking my over 50's class especially as I have a microphone and then everyone HAS to listen to me

7. I've had eye surgery for short sightedness- but again- in the old days when they used to cut the cornea instead of laser. It has been one of the best things I've ever done- threw away the glasses and contacts and haven't looked back.

hope that wasn't too boring!

No comments: