Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 5! Started with that swim at 6.45am this morning. Have I ever written on here how pathetically pathetic I am at swimming!!! Even with flippers ( giant ones) I really struggled to do any lengths in freestyle. My goggles filled with water, my breath in gasps! After all this my throat was raspy and I started sneezing ( chlorine!!) I think I might have had my last swim. Decided that this might be my free day with eating- more by poor management and planning. I did manage to fit in a pedicure within the chaos of the day and so now I am sporting 10 very fancy and red toes. Went out for dinner tonight and finished off with some liquorice allsorts. Oh well.... tomorrow is another day!

4 comments:

Debstar said...

At least it was just one night Linda. I'm not even going to tell you what my whole week was like. Not good!!!

Kek said...

Linda, have you considered getting some swimming coaching? My husband did, only 4 or 5 personal training sessions, and it made a huge difference. He began slo-o-owly swimming 10 lengths of the pool, with lots of rests in between, and now does 40, only stopping halfway for a few minutes.

Swimming is so good for upper body strength, and also if you ever have an injury that prevents running....

Unknown said...

deb- well I didn't also mention the chocolate and rock cake did I:(((((
Kerryn- I'll email you the details!

Unknown said...

I forgot to say Kerryn that I already have tried the swimming coaching. My great success story was that after 8 months of weekly lessons and other practise session I could swim ONE WHOLE LENGTH!!! Can you now see why I say I am pathetically pathetic? lol- not much hope here I feel.